Helena Zaludova Presents:
Contemporary View Home By Nova Designs+Builds -
Year built: 1915 (per tax records)
Year retrofitted and remodeled: 2012
Square footage: 6,733 (per builder)
>> Click Here for Information about the Architect
Stately and traditional exterior belies the warm, contemporary interior of this industrial chic home with spectacular panoramic views spanning the Golden Gate Bridge, Marin Headlands and Alcatraz. These views are present from all its public rooms and the master bedroom.
2151 Green has undergone an extensive seismic upgrade which included the creation of 24 - 30’ deep concrete pillars and a new concrete garage with direct access to the elevator servicing all living levels. During this process, the builder also created an architectural tunnel at the street level for easy elevator access for guests. The elevator is a “commercial speed” Otis – original to the home since the 1930s - but rebuilt and re-mastered in 2012 for today’s standards.
The home’s south facing garden, extensive walk-out patio connected to the kitchen area and a panoramic roof-deck make for an indoor-outdoor oasis in a truly urban setting. Towering at the heart of Cow Hollow, the city’s most popular dining spots, boutiques, gyms, and the city’s most prestigious elite private schools are at the door steps.
The entry foyer is stunning, with your eye having to choose between the architectural staircase element and the views of the Golden Gate Bridge with Marin Headlands in the background. Clean lines, steel, stone and wood finishes with 11’ ceilings throughout this level define the industrial chic look. The formal dining room retained its original generous proportions and historical window casings but has been re-imagined to complement the contemporary feel of the home.
The kitchen is luxurious, open and connected to the informal entertaining area. This area has a 16’ glass sliding wall that opens onto the South facing patio garden with extended seating around a cozy fire-pit, functioning as a real outdoor dining room. There is a breakfast nook, powder room and elevator access on this level. With North-facing views and South facing walk-out garden, this home’s public entertaining area is unparalleled.
The master bedroom is a wonderful view retreat with a built in fireplace. There are dual closets, and the master bath features a soaking tub with ceiling mounted tub filler. Three additional distinct bedrooms with abundant light and closet space, laundry room and two other full bathrooms make this configuration family friendly. The ceiling height at 10’3” adds to the architectural volume at this level which is also supported by elevator access.
This is the less-formal but still spectacular, view and feature-packed level of the home. A large living area that can serve as a family room, play room or a super-sized den faces the North Bay views and is equipped with a wet bar, 70” mounted TV and custom book cases, cabinets and wood paneling. A step down onto heated concrete floors leads to the guest suite, the conditioned 900+ bottle wine room, theater, exercise area and a spa. The spa is a relaxing retreat in itself with both sauna and a steam room, making this area a destination after a long day. This level is connected by both the architectural stair case and the elevator.
Arguably the most exquisite roof-terrace in Cow Hollow with breath taking views spanning 360 degrees. Wood siding, thoughtful parapets, built-in stainless steel barbecue and engineered to hold a hot-tub. A fire pit on this terrace is designed for gathering and watching the spectacular sunsets over the Golden Gate Bridge and Marin Headlands with a glass of wine.
Features and Finishes:
- Full seismic upgrade completed in 2012
- New concrete garage for 3 cars with direct elevator access
- Architectural concrete tunnel for street level guest elevator access
- High-speed Otis elevator servicing all three living levels and the garage
- Custom lighting and controls including Lutron radio RA system and Mobotix
- Custom industrial finishes throughout – steel, concrete, stone, glass, wood & plaster
- Distributed Sonos sound system throughout the home with individual controls in each room via phone iPad.
- Distributed wiring for TV and computer in all rooms
- Wiring for automatic shades in living room, master suite and family room
- Hardwood floors throughout living and bedroom levels
- Hardwood and heated concrete floors on lower level
- Formal entry foyer with custom stair railing of steel & glass, and a 3-story plaster accent wall with architectural cut-outs
- Living room with custom steel display cases surrounded by a wall of honed marble and a contemporary fireplace
- Dining room with panel-hidden storage closets
- Great room with walk-out south garden and patio with built in stainless steel barbecue and custom Corten steel natural gas fire pit
- Kitchen with Wolf, Subzero and Miele appliances, custom white oak cabinets and open shelves, concrete counters and plaster wall finish
- Ceiling height 11’
- 4 generous bedrooms, 3 bathrooms, laundry room
- Master suite with panoramic Golden Gate & Bay views, custom cabinets and a contemporary fireplace, dual walk-in closets
- Master bath with custom dual vanities, multiple showers and a soaking tub with ceiling mounted tub filler; custom glass and steel
- Three additional bedrooms with abundant light and storage
- Two baths featuring custom cabinets and finishes
- Full laundry room with thoughtful storage and clean finishes
- Light-filled public access to the roof terrace
- Ceiling height 10’3”
- Family room with hardwood floors, custom cabinets, wet bar, wired for surround sound and mounted 70” TV
- Guest/Au-pair suite
- Conditioned 944 bottle wine room with redwood racking
- Home gym with custom mirror paneled doors and hardware, ballet (exercise) bar, wall mounted TV location
- Spa bath with custom steam shower, sauna and a bamboo vanity
- Ceiling height 10’ 8” depending on the room
- Unobstructed 360 degree panoramic Golden Gate, Bay & City views
- Built-in stainless steel barbecue including a separate side burner, storage & a large sink, all in stainless steel finish
- Custom oversized natural gas fire pit
- Thoughtful parapet mounted counters surrounding the wood and granite surfaces
- Built-in custom lighting for nighttime enjoyment
- Engineered and prepared for hot tub installation
The operative word for this scenic corner of San Francisco is “fun.” Besides excellent shopping and dining, there are three palace-style movie houses, live theater, museums, and miles of gorgeous paths and trails inside the Presidio and along the Marina Green. If you live here, you can wake up on a sunny Sunday, take in a latte with your paper on Chestnut Street, stroll to the Palace of Fine Arts, rollerblade on the Marina Green, and finish with dinner and a movie on Union Street.
The Marina and Cow Hollow are separated by Lombard Street, a busy six-lane thoroughfare that whisks Marin Commuters towards downtown. Below Lombard in the more crowded Marina neighborhood, are 1920s “Marina-style” homes and apartments with practical layouts and lovely features like high-coved ceilings and bay windows. Above Lombard Street in Cow Hollow, you’ll find older architecture with quaint cottages, dramatic mansions, and elegant, turn-of-the-century apartment buildings.